The architectural term “color bottle” describes the color-contrasting painting of the facade as the door and window border. If a window has a cornice, known colloquially as a window sill, it is usually painted in a U-shape around the wall opening. The reveals can be integrated or left in the facade color.
Check building law, building regulations and design statutes
Similar to the general exterior color of a house, colored bottles are also subject to building law restrictions in many areas. Visually, based on the general picture of the place and the surroundings, only suitable color ranges are allowed. In most municipalities and cities, the appearance of buildings is specified in the so-called design statute.
- Also read - Painting the facade and important things about the dry season
- Also read - painting the facade once or twice?
- Read also - Painting pilaster strips, fasche and cornice
While offset only affects the lightness of the same color, painting is usually not a problem. A typical example is a light gray facade with medium or dark gray colored bottles. In addition to the color, the shape can also be taken into account. Curved and playful floral motifs can be rated as unsuitable. In case of doubt, the bottle must be removed again.
Combinations of the painting of the paint, cornice and soffit
Color bottles can be placed around windows and doors. The following combinations can be implemented:
- All-round offset including cornice (front of the window sill)
- U-shaped headrest without cornice
- Contrasting facade and soffit of the same color
- Facade offset and reveal in the main facade color
- Facade offset and reveal in a third color
- Narrow side strips and wider horizontal upper loafing
- Negative positive combination: split partial facade color and the respective contrasting colors as fasching (white facade - blue fasches, blue façade - white fasches)
Geometric and design shapes and motifs
- Parallel to the loafing edges equal width strips impulsive or by far
- Square geometric and symmetrical history with stucco element (triangular head, columnar side lugs)
- Curved, half-round and round courses (Moorish, oriental, onion form)
- Objective subjects with ornaments (similar to blacksmithing)
- Irregular quaint shapes (waves, packs)
Of course, apart from the design guidelines, the possible designs also from the window shape. The more the selected color combinations contrast, the more the window shape and glazing come to the fore.Tips & Tricks In addition to colored bottles, you can also make bottles made of plaster and plaster or stone elements, provided that you have permission. As in the interior, these components are referred to as stucco. Matching cornices are also available for almost all types of construction.