A television can be staged as an attractive furnishing accessory. Modern flat screens are elegantly integrated, especially in front of the look of a stone wall. Cables and additional devices can be grouped around the device in a discreet way. The glass-stone contrast can be created with real stone or imitation.
Real stones or imitations
Modern flat screens meanwhile allow interior design solutions that make you forget the TV table and wall unit. The devices can easily be hung on the wall. Wall design is becoming increasingly important.
- Read also - Glass and Stone: Putting a Stone Wall Behind the TV
- Also read - Plastering a stone wall made of natural stone
- Also read - Make a stone wall in the garden yourself
The TV stone wall behind the TV offers a popular contrast to the black or rectangular surfaces filled with pictures. The construction effort and the construction methods can be determined by choosing between three variants:
- Imitation stone made of plastic that is attached as wall panels
- Stone tiles or slabs that are processed like tiles
- Real stones that are attached as a wall in front of a wall
So you can build a stone wall behind your television yourself
- Hanging device
- Stones, clinker bricks or panels
- electric wire
- Glue or
- Mortar (€ 7.79 at Amazon *)
- Drill (€ 48.00 at Amazon *), concrete and masonry bits and dowels
- Mason's trowel or adhesive spatula
- Screwing tool
- Possibly stone cutting device
1. Define construction type
You can choose prefabricated panels made of imitation or real stone, which are glued to the support wall as coherent panels. As an alternative, it is possible to wall real stones with mortar.
2. Prepare the subsurface
Prime the load-bearing wall according to the selected construction type. A cable duct leads behind the later position of the screen.
3. Electrical installation
Run the cables in the duct and, if necessary, the leads and connections for additional devices such as receivers or sound systems. Also think about the leads to any sockets that may be placed in the wall.
4th. Mount the suspension
Depending on the thickness and type of mounting of the stone wall, mount the screen suspension. If you attach wall panels directly to the wall, the suspension can be mounted with shorter spacers than for bricks.
5. Stone wall "pull up "
Finally, glue the cut panels to the supporting wall and cut out the necessary recesses. If you are building a wall, mortar the individual stones in the joints and on the back.Tips & Tricks In order to insulate the sound insulation of a wall to the neighbor, for example, you can apply an insulation layer such as cork plates between the panels or stones and the supporting wall. ",