An outdated bathroom does not have to be a reason to tear everything out and completely renew both the tiles and the bathroom furnishings. If only the look is disturbing, you can give the bathroom furnishings a new color.
Modernize bathrooms by painting
It is no problem to paint different fittings in a bathroom or toilet without having to replace everything. The tiles, for example, can now be given a new look with relatively simple means by simply painting them over. Thanks to modern paints made up of two components, different bathroom ceramics can even be given a new color without having to replace them. This is particularly practical with facilities such as a bathtub or shower tray, which can be modernized in a relatively simple manner.
- Also read - installing a toilet without a drain
- Also read - only clean the toilet with washing-up liquid
- Also read - Tile or paint the guest toilet better
Painting a toilet: possible or not?
Usually it is difficult with the toilet or. the toilet bowl. You'd better renew them. In principle, these bathroom ceramics can also be given a new color. However, painting should be a bit difficult due to the structure of the toilet bowl. In most cases, replacement is much easier and more hygienic.
Repaint the bathtub or other ceramic parts
Both bathtubs and washbasins can easily be given a new color thanks to special 2-component paints, because these paints also adhere to smooth materials made of steel, ceramic, porcelain or even acrylic. A new painting is carried out in several steps:
- mask or temporarily remove the fittings
- If possible, remove silicone joints as well
- Thoroughly clean and degrease all components
- Mix the color components together and apply according to the manufacturer's instructions
- apply a second coat if necessary
- renew the previously removed joints
- expose the fittings again or. assemble
What you should consider when painting your bathroom ceramics
It is very important that you stir the two components of the paint thoroughly. Follow the manufacturer's instructions as precisely as possible. The varnish must be applied evenly and thinly to the surface. Specify here in sections and ensure that the transitions between the individual sections are wet connected. Make sure there is adequate ventilation during this work and always wear protective gloves when painting, as the paint contains solvents.