Sometimes there is just not enough space and a second floor for the bungalow is needed. In order to increase, however, it is not enough to simply wall up another floor: Read the prices from which the costs for the increase are made up.
Cost factors for adding floors to a bungalow
- Recalculation of the statics by structural engineers: How stable is the building?
- Production of the construction drawings by the engineer / architect
- Official building permit
- Costs for building materials, including the fireplace
- Costs for lines and cables
- Thermal insulation on walls and roof
- Wages for craftsmen (bricklayers, electricians, plumbers, painters)
- Scaffolding fee
- Construction conveyor belt rental fee
- Containers for building rubble
- Also read - new bungalow construction
- Also read - Building a chic bungalow: what costs are common?
- Read also - Build a bungalow yourself
Not every bungalow can be topped up so easily: Some buildings are not stable enough, others are in a residential area in which multi-storey buildings are not permitted.
In addition, as you can guess from the list above, adding additional floors to a bungalow is anything but inexpensive. Check whether demolishing and building a new one might not be cheaper for you.
In order to have real comparative values, it is advisable to hire an architect. Only such an expert can give you information about whether your planned project is really worthwhile.
Topping up a bungalow in the price example
A homeowner would like to start a family and needs more space in his own home soon: The flat roof bungalow with 90 square meters of floor space is to receive an increase.
|1. Prizes for structural engineers and architects||3.500 EUR|
|2. official building permit||500 EUR|
|3. total material costs||85.000 EUR|
|4th. total labor cost||72.000 EUR|
|5. Other costs||15th.000 EUR|
Timber frame construction is easier
If your bungalow does not have sufficient load-bearing capacity for a masonry increase, then you could possibly use the lighter wooden frame construction. The combination of stone and wood can also be very attractive when it is visible to the outside.Tips & Tricks When planning the construction work, remember to carefully check the energetic state of the existing building. New thermal insulation is necessary?