In most cases, young parents opt for a changing table in the form of a chest of drawers. Any other smooth and stable substructure also serves this purpose. If space is limited, a changing table that can be placed on top of the bathtub is an ideal alternative. When building yourself, stability is paramount.
Before building a changing table to place on the bathtub yourself, the following questions should be answered:
- Also read - Build a changing table yourself that can be used with dolls
- Also read - Build a flexible and foldable changing table yourself
- Also read - Build a wooden bathtub yourself
- Should the changing table remain permanently placed on the bathtub?
- You can take a bath despite the changing table?
- The bathtub also serves as a shower and is used frequently / regularly?
- Should or can the changing table be filled with equipment (weight)?
- Where is the construction stored in a space-saving manner if it is regularly cleared away?
Indispensable design requirements for safety
A dresser as a substructure keeps a changing table usually easy and safe. Only for the falling infant - often rolling infant - must be guaranteed here. With a bathing attachment, the hold of the entire construction on the tub edge is added.
Standard panes have a width between 75 and 85 centimeters. The circumferential edge measures about ten centimeters. It serves as a support surface of the changing table and can be supported by a corner construction still additionally from an edge of the front side. In addition to the complete edition on the edges, a possible slip has to be reliably prevented.
The following conditions must fulfill the construction:
- The underside must have upwardly protruding fasteners that protrude into the tub interior. Flat floors of the changing table represent the infant danger.
- The changing table must not have loosely set components. The overall construction must be firmly connected to one piece.
Comfort and usability
Double-storey changing tables ensure the ideal winding height. Bath tubs have standard heights between 42 and 50 centimeters. The most comfortable winding height depends on the size of the parents. Ergonomically recommended by retailers between 85 and 95 centimeters. The difference from the tub edge to the winding surface of about 45 centimeters is a perfect storage space for the required and organizing utensils.Tips & Tricks To achieve a higher quality of use, you can build a hinged changeable changing table despite completely interconnected single components through hinges. He facilitates losing weight and store.