When mixing concrete yourself, there are a few points that you should definitely pay attention to. In this article, you can find out what you have to keep in mind if you want to mix yourself and whether it is even profitable to mix concrete yourself.
Possible problems with self-mixing
Mixing concrete yourself is a matter of honor for many die-hard do-it-yourselfers. But that is not always the wisest decision. In particular, you should consider the following points:
- Also read - An overview of mixing concrete: manual, compulsory mixer and ready-mixed concrete
- Also read - correctly process precast concrete
- Also read - The prices of precast concrete
- The concrete quality: In the selfermin, no such high quality can usually be achieved as precautions (15.69 € at Amazon *)
- Safety: The quality in the selferminer can not really control. For pre-concrete, however, you can safely assume if you go to the instructions from the specified strength
- The additives: Finished concrete products contain partially additives that make the concrete easier and improve in its properties. When self-mixing you do not have these additives.
The profitability in the selferman is usually hardly given, especially not for the risks that are taken on a potentially sufficient concrete quality.Tips & Tricks It not only depends on the right concrete composition, but also on correct mixing. There are no errors here.