Gypsum fiber plates are very popular in interior design. Alternatively, they can also be plastered for painting or wallpaper and then can not be identified as plate walls. Read more about this topic here.
Prepare the plaster fiber plates on plastering
In contrast to conventional plasterboard plates, gypsum fiber plates are not consisting of a plasterboard between two cardboard layers. They consist continuously from the same material. This is a festive mixture of paper fibers, plaster fibers and water. The plaster fiber plates are stable in itself and are not held together by the carton layers like plasterboard. Nevertheless, they must be prepared for plastering after installation. This can be done, for example, in the form of a suitable primer. In addition, impregnated wall cladding variants should be used in damp rooms. The primer is applied to reduce the absorbency of the materials.
- Also read - Process gypsum fiber boards and use their advantages
- Also read - Gypsum fiber boards are easy to process and level
- Also read - This is how gypsum fiber boards can be easily cut and processed
Plastering the walls of gypsum fiberboard in several steps
Plastering is usually carried out in several steps in order to get an optimal result:
- First of all, the panels are primed with a suitable adhesive barrier primer.
- Then you can apply a suitable textured lime spatula with a thickness of about three millimeters.
- Tissue embedding now follows. You embed a reinforcement mesh in a new layer of structural filler. This gives the plaster sufficient stability. In addition, cracking is avoided.
- If this layer has dried out, you can finally apply another layer of textured filler as a finish and structure.
Advantages of plastering the walls from gypsum fiber board
It is not for nothing that plastered walls are considered to be durable and easy to maintain. They do not have to be laboriously wallpapered, and the wallpaper may have to be replaced every now and then, for example if it is damaged. The walls can simply be painted individually after plastering. You get a stable wall that has a flat surface and is free from edges caused by wallpaper. In addition, you can create interesting patterns on the wall through the structuring and thus ensure a great room look. Together with a matching ceiling panel, you get a uniform surface throughout the room that is very easy to care for, durable and robust. You can use standard emulsion paints for painting.