Proper care of slate also includes oiling its surface every now and then in order to restore the natural proportion of oils and, of course, to obtain a beautiful, dark, shiny surface.
Natural materials such as slate require regular maintenance
Slates are made of natural materials that have a very special surface and can therefore give the apartment or room a very special flair. However, over time or due to mechanical stress, the panels can gradually lose their shine. Soiling or damage occurs very quickly, which necessitates thorough cleaning and regular follow-up care. Shale naturally contains a small amount of oil that is lost over time and needs to be replenished. However, you should refrain from using special care waxes.
- Also read - tips for easy and optimal care of slate panels
- Also Read - How To Install Slate Sheets Correctly
- Also read - How to properly process and glue slate sheets
Important information on the care and oiling of slate slabs
Usually, slate surfaces are relatively easy to wash and maintain. However, you should pay attention to a few important points in order not to damage the sensitive surface:
- It is best to use only clear water for cleaning, which should not be too hot.
- Never use scouring milk or solid objects for cleaning.
- For example, you can use special stone oil to oil the surfaces. On the other hand, do without wax.
- To regulate or regulate the natural oil content. As an alternative, you can also use high-quality oil from the food sector, such as good sunflower oil. Try it out in an inconspicuous place.
Oiling the slate ensures dark and beautiful surfaces
If you apply oil to the slate, you will notice the effect immediately. The plates are given a dark color. At the same time, the rough-cracked surface is highlighted in a particularly beautiful way. The result of the care will be all the better if you use special care products and stone oils for the slates. It is best to find out more from specialist retailers to find the right product for your slate surfaces. In principle, however, you should use all care products and, above all, cleaning products as sparingly as possible. This will prevent excessive residues on the surfaces and the formation of unsightly stains.