Especially with high-quality cold foam mattresses, it is annoying when they feel saggy after a short time. But what else can you do then? Find out below how you can protect your cold foam mattress from the formation of pits and what you can still do if it is already worn out.
Cooling in new cold foam mattresses: your rights
If pits form in the mattress during the warranty period, you should definitely complain and get a new mattress from the dealer without further ado. However, you should make sure beforehand that the cold foam mattress is really worn out and that it is not on the slatted frame. To do this, examine the slatted frame for damage, set it a little harder or sleep with your mattress on the floor for a night or two to eliminate any doubt.
- Also read - cold foam mattress slatted frame spacing
- Also read - Turning the cold foam mattress
- Also read - cold foam mattress or latex mattress
Prevent the formation of pits in the cold foam mattress
Already at or. Shortly after the purchase, you can prevent pitting:
- Buy cold foam mattresses with the highest possible density. The higher the density, the more stable the mattress and the longer it takes to sag. A density of 40 to 50 kg / m³ is recommended.
- Choose a cold foam mattress with an optimal degree of hardness for you. Not only your personal preferences play a role, but also your body weight: the heavier you are, the harder the mattress should be - and the longer it will last.
- Furthermore, the distance between the individual slats of your slatted frame should not be too wide. Over 4cm are harmful to the mattress.
Prevent the cold foam mattress from lying down prematurely
Another measure is turning the mattress over. By turning them over each time you change sheets, you can delay the appearance of puddles.
What to do if the cold foam mattress is worn out?
If the cold foam mattress is worn out and you don't want to buy a new one yet, you can make your sleep reasonably comfortable with a few measures:
- Turn the cold foam mattress over.
- Make the slatted frame harder at the point of the hollow.
- Place a sturdy board on the slatted frame at the point of the hollow.
A change of sleeping location can also be helpful.Tips & Tricks Make sure you test each mattress before buying it and let us advise you on the optimal degree of firmness.